Roundtable: Planning for Your Term as an Officer (with Position-Specific Breakout Sessions)
Registered for this event? Login now to view additional event details.
This event takes place from 11:30 am ET - 1:00 pm ET
You do not need to log in to register; click the blue "Register Now" button below to get started.
What makes for a smooth leadership transition? Planning and preparation? Luck? Magic?
During this special session, and a first for NAEPC, we'll dive into best practices with regard to board transitions and how best to prepare for your term as a council leader. We'll gather feedback from other council leaders and delve into your questions and concerns about taking on a new role.
During the session we will also separate into breakouts for specific positions within leadership where the typical duties of these roles will be addressed:
- Board Member
- Staff Executive
Your input is critical in preparing the agenda for this event. Please make sure to answer all of the questions asked at the time of registration.
Self-Care for Your Estate Planning Council, Our 2022 Theme
Wikipedia defines self-care as "the process of taking care of oneself with behaviors that promote health and active management of illness when it occurs..." We believe this concept also applies to your estate planning council during these changing and challenging times. Council self-care looks like:
- Continuing to be active, even if things are not the same as they once were
- Meeting your members where they are while finding a good balance related to the council's activities
- Nurturing a healthy and engaged membership in spite of challenges brought about by the pandemic
- Actively governing and managing the council both internally among the board and externally with members and the greater community of estate planning professionals
- Being creative and trying new things: meeting time or type; communication schedule; social media
- Recognizing that things may not return to "normal" for some time