Roundtable: The Benefit of Having a Council Executive
Registered for this event? Login now to view additional event details.
This event takes place from 11:30 am ET - 12:30 pm ET
You do not need to log in to register; click the blue "Register Now" button below to get started.
Having a staff executive / administrator gives your board of directors an opportunity to focus on important tasks like growth, direction and new initiatives, rather than making nametags for an event or promoting upcoming activities.
Attend this session to discuss:
- The importance of having someone in a staff role
- How all councils, regardless of size, can benefit from having a staff executive
- What these individuals typically do for an association
- How a staff executive interfaces with the board of directors
- How to find qualified individuals
Important note: Given the wide range of duties and significant differences in areas of the country, we will not be discussing compensation during this event.
Self-Care for Your Estate Planning Council, Our 2022 Theme
Wikipedia defines self-care as "the process of taking care of oneself with behaviors that promote health and active management of illness when it occurs..." We believe this concept also applies to your estate planning council during these changing and challenging times. Council self-care looks like:
- Continuing to be active, even if things are not the same as they once were
- Meeting your members where they are while finding a good balance related to the council's activities
- Nurturing a healthy and engaged membership in spite of challenges brought about by the pandemic
- Actively governing and managing the council both internally among the board and externally with members and the greater community of estate planning professionals
- Being creative and trying new things: meeting time or type; communication schedule; social media
- Recognizing that things may not return to "normal" for some time